Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Quick Note

I was so good at posting regularly and then it all just stopped!  I promise this wasn't just due to laziness.  Mere hours after posting the final Christmas Vacation post, I might have accidentally deleted EVERY SINGLE picture we'd taken since November from ALL of our hard drives (including all 3000+ Christmas Vacation photos).  I was in the process of copying the pictures to the external hard drive that we keep at work (just in case something happens to our apartment), and somehow managed to DELETE EVERYTHING FROM EVERYWHERE - and yelling "No! No! No! Stop!" at the computer a the top of my lungs at 11pm didn't fix a thing!

Fortunately, as I lay immobilised from shock on the living room floor, Rob managed to figure out a way to get them all back.  It cost us $70 in recovery software and hours of stress, but I'd say it was well worth it.  Either way, I've been a little computer shy since it happened. But everything is now backed up in multiple places (3-4 to be exact) and I am slowly regaining my computer confidence.

In other news - as I was repenting the error of my ways, I had a bit of time to reflect on my computer usage, and long story short, have decided to dial back the amount of information I share via Facebook.  Therefore, blog updates will no longer be posted there, and after a couple weeks I'll remove any past links to the blog.

Fear not! The blog will continue as always (which is to say, sometimes updated regularly and other times more erratically), but I just won't be posting links to Facebook whenever there's a new post.  So be sure to bookmark the address before it disappears for good!  You can also subscribe to the blog via email and follow me on Instagram (where I'm EmJayPow), which seems to be all the best parts of Facebook without all the bullshit. I'll put the blog link in my Instagram profile and maybe put some updates on there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment