Saturday, December 7, 2013

On Turning 30

I'm still working through all the Fiji pictures to put together that slideshow, but for now I wanted to share this video from the traditional Fijian dinner we had on Friday night. Before dinner, all the staff from the resort performed for the guests, and Rob was smart enough to capture some of it on video.



I have no idea what they're saying, but the manager of the resort told us that it was a traditional Fijian welcome song. Which fit the theme of our trip well, seeing as it was my own personal welcome into my 30s. I had some anxiety about turning 30 before it happened, but now that it's come and gone all that anxiety has dissipated.

When I look back on the past decade and reflect on all that has happened and all that I've done, I'm almost surprised I'm not older. I don't remember my 20th birthday, but I do know that at that time I had never traveled outside the US, never lived outside of Ohio as an adult - I did not even know how to knit (or apply make-up). Most importantly, I hadn't met Rob or most of my dearest friends.

My 20s were such a fantastic, evolutionary decade that I can't help but be excited about what this next one might have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment